The 200 Club is proud to have supported Bergen County’s Fire, Police, and EMS departments through our Appropriations Program for the past 22 years. Awarding over $1 million dollars in grant money, we have helped to secure needed equipment and programs to enable our dedicated Bergen County First Responders to perform their jobs more safely and efficiently.
Download the 2023 200 Club of Bergen County Appropriations Program Application (all applications must be submitted by Thursday, August 3rd, 2023).
These are just a small portion of Departments that received grant money.
- The Westwood Volunteer Ambulance Corps received a matching grant to help in the purchase of a Vital Signs Monitor which allows for continuous measurement of the patients vitals during transport.
- Township of Washington Volunteer Fire Department received full funding for a Jack Stabilization System and Crash Bag kit. These jacks are used to gain quick access to accident victim’s that are trapped in the vehicle which involves extrication and vehicle stabilization. This kit is quickly deployed and operated.
- Northvale Police Department received start- up funding for their development of a Junior Police Academy. This program is geared for Grade 7 and 8 with a criteria that inspires young people in good citizenship by educating them about the Criminal Justice system.
- Teaneck Police Department received a matching grant to help in the funding to upgrade the radio communications where issues of “dead zones” existed, plaguing police officers, ambulance members and other personnel while in the new Emergency Department of Holy Name Medical Center.
- Hackensack Fire Department received a grant for the purchase of a Fire Curtain. The sealing of a failed window with a Fire Curtain eliminates the Blow-Torch of oxygen fulling fire down public hallways of Residential Apartment and Office Buildings three stores or higher.
- Lyndhurst Fire Department received a matching grant for a T4 Thermal Imaging Camera. This piece of equipment allows firefighters to see areas of heat through smoke, darkness and or heat-permeable barriers.